Adding Non-Faculty Accounts
These instructions are for Faculty Profile Managers to use in creating accounts for non-faculty employees that need access to Faculty Profile. Do not create accounts for faculty members. Faculty accounts are created automatically by OIT when new faculty contracts are processed.
- Log into Faculty Profile (http://facultyprofile.byu.edu).
- Select Users and Security under the Tools tab on the top menu bar.
- Search the system to verify that the user does not already have an account by entering their Net ID in the Username field and selecting Search.
- If user is not found, click on the ADD A NEW USER button.
- Fill in the required information fields:
- BYU is not using the field Middle Name/Initial for middle names, so this field can be used for other purposes. Enter the new user’s Department/Unit into this field.
- Enter the new user’s Net ID into the Username field.
- Leave PersonID blank (it is used only for automatically-generated user accounts).
- In the Authentication field, select Shibboleth Authentication.
- IMPORTANT: UNCHECK the Yes box to indicate that this person is NOT a faculty member who will need to track their own faculty activities in this system. (The Primary College and Department Fields will be removed once this box is unchecked; they are NOT needed for non-faculty accounts.)
- Expand the College or Department Roles by clicking on the + sign and select the needed security roles for this individual within your college or department. (See Security Role Descriptions.)
- Select Save at the bottom of the form.