Running Admin Reports
The University has prepared dozens of report templates that should meet most needs for displaying data from Faculty Profile. These reports are typically printed in MS Word or PDF format. You can also export data to open up in Microsoft Excel (or other apps that read csv files).
You can run admin reports from two locations:
Run Reports (for individuals or groups of people if you have administrative access)
- Open Faculty Profile: facultyprofile.byu.edu
- Select Reports from the top menu bar.
- Choose the report you wish to run. (To download a report template that shows how the report you selected will be built, select Download this report's template located under the report name.)
- Enter the Date Range of the report.
- Faculty Profile's default behavior is to include all enabled user accounts in a report. If you would like to limit your report to include only selected users, select Change Selection to open the “Individuals or groups to include” page in a pop-up window. If colleges, departments, and individual users are selected, these options function with "and" logic, so the report will include all selections made. NOTE: You will only be able to access the data of faculty members allowed by your current security access. To be included in reports, the department listed on each faculty member's most recent Yearly BYU Personnel Information must match a unit to which you have security access. It does not matter which unit(s) the faculty member was in previously; the only data that matters for inclusion in reports is the most recent Yearly BYU Personnel information.
- Select your preferred file format and page size.
- Review your selections and select Run Report
- Faculty Profile will create and download your report.
Rapid Reports (for one individual)
- Open Faculty Profile: facultyprofile.byu.edu.
- To run a report on your own activities, click the Rapid Reports button (right-hand top of the screen when Activities is selected).
- If you want to run a report for another individual, first choose Manage Data on the top menu bar and locate the person in the drop-down menu. Click Continue. Go to Rapid Reports (right-hand button at the top of the screen when Activities is selected).
- Choose the desired report and report parameters.
- Click on the Run Report button.
Note: Custom report templates can be modified to meet BYU's needs. Please contact your Faculty Profile College Liaison to make requests.
For personal assistance with running reports, contact the Faculty Profile Helpdesk.