Changing Security Access for Faculty Administrators
Security roles control who gets to see and edit data in Faculty Profile. Here are the main security roles (see Security Role Descriptions for a little longer explanation):
- College Administrator (view and edit all faculty in the college)
- College Read-Only (view faculty in the college)
- Department Administrator (view and edit all faculty in the department)
- Department Read-Only (view all faculty in the department)
- Individual (view and edit another individual faculty member)
- Faculty (view and edit your own faculty records)
To assign and remove roles to college and department faculty administrators:
- Log into Faculty Profile.
- Select Users and Security on the top menu bar.
- Find the individual you want to assign to or remove from a security role.
- Click the pencil icon under the Edit column.
- Click on the box next to the security role you want to assign to or remove from this individual.
- If adding a security role, click on the unit(s) you want this individual to be able to access using that security role. (NOTE: A person given a College role is automatically given access to the Departments in that college so don't assign both.)
- If removing a security role, UNCHECK the unit(s) you want to remove.
- Whether adding or removing access for faculty, do NOT UNCHECK the Faculty security role. Leave it there.
- Click on the Save button at the bottom of the screen.