Faculty Profile Manager Responsibilities
Faculty Profile Managers
Each college has one Faculty Profile Manager. This person is typically responsible for:
- Managing security roles for the entire college (giving and removing security access for people in the college). The Faculty Profile Manager in each college is responsible for establishing and maintaining all of the security roles in the college EXCEPT for the “Faculty” security role (this role is assigned to faculty by the university when their accounts are created).
- Using Faculty Profile to assist college administrators (by running reports or exporting data from Faculty Profile for administrators).
- Helping college administrators use Faculty Profile and assisting the college and departments with any needed Faculty Profile training or assistance.
Managing security roles typically involves:
- Assigning and removing roles to college and department faculty administrators when they are appointed and then step-down from administrative positions. See Changing Security Access for Faculty Administrators.
- Assigning security roles to non-faculty administrative and staff employees who require access to Faculty Profile for various reasons. See Adding Non-Faculty Accounts.